JACKSON COUNTY, IL (KFVS) - The Illinois EPA has cited a landfill, three haulers and a waste water treatment plant for violations of the Environmental Protection Act.
According to the EPA, several paperwork violations are being alleged and the violations focus on the leachate that the landfill sent to the waste water treatment plant over the last three years.
The EPA said they sent violation notices to the owner and certified operator of several companies including:
- Southern Illinois Regional Landfill, Inc. - Jackson County
- Village of Elkville's waste water treatment plant - Jackson County
- Freedom Transfer Corporation - Franklin County
- Freedom TNT, Inc. - Franklin County
- Barr Trucking, Inc. - Perry County
Tracking and reporting of wastes that go into and are removed from a landfill is important in ensuring the safety of the public and surrounding environment.